Bonus Tips and Insider Secrets
- Stainless steel appliances: There are two ways to clean a stainless fridge door. The easiest is to take a micro fiber cloth and wet half of it. Clean the door and then take the dry part of the cloth and dry it. If you want to use Stainless Cleaner, Home Depot (Zep) and 3M make the only two products that I recommend. Always wipe in the direction of the grain of the stainless.
- If you have a stainless steel cook top you may find that you have brown stains that you cannot remove. Take a can of oven cleaner, and spot spray where the stains are. Wait about 10 minutes and either use a sponge or soft cloth to wipe it clean. Never ever use anything more than a soft cloth or sponge on stainless steel.
- If you have black shiny tile anywhere in your home – use Vim Oxy Gel when mopping to keep the shine.
- If you want to get your refrigerator looking really clean you’re going to want to pull it out. There are two things to remember. Do you have an icemaker? If so there’s a direct water feed and you don’t want to pull this line away from the wall. A refrigerator is heavy and may scratch your floors, so have help and keep an eye on the floor.
- Sit on the toilet, what do you see? Be sure that the sight line is clean.
Now that you know how to get your house looking like a professional cleaned it, make sure you download and print the simple checklist I put together to make the process even easier.
You can get it here.
If you are able to complete this list, your house should look cleaner than it ever has before. At this point you should grab a magazine and your favourite beverage and make up an excuse to call some friends over.
Your house looks beautiful!